What map data sources you use for Reverse geocoding and IP geolocation?
The geographical location information available on BigDataCloud API is based on a proprietary designed dataset and ultrafast geo-resolver technology.
We do not make use of third-party search engines, such as Nominatim.
We would like to acknowledge and thank the following organisations and data sources for taking an important part in our data building process:
- OpenStreetMap (OSM) project (https://www.openstreetmap.org/)
- Wikidata (https://www.wikidata.org/)
- Natural Earth (https://www.naturalearthdata.com/)
- United States Census Bureau (https://www.census.gov/)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (https://www.abs.gov.au/)
- OpenDoorLogistics (https://www.opendoorlogistics.com)
- The World Bank (https://www.worldbank.org/)
- ISO standards (https://www.iso.org/)
- The United Nations Statistics Division (https://unstats.un.org/home/)