FREE Client Side Reverse Geocoding to City API
This free Client-side Reverse Geocoding API is the easiest and most straightforward solution to obtain detail-rich locality information, on the client-side, using a browser's HTML5 geolocation or a mobile phone's location services regardless of whether the location-sharing consent is given or not.
The API is designed to reverse-geocode the current user's coordinates (if consent is given) or provide an estimation of locality information based on the client's IP address.
For a more detailed explanation about the API, please refer to our blog post:
Benefits of the BigDataCloud’s Free Client-Side Reverse Geocoding API
- Free forever!
- NEW - Backed up by the world's most accurate next-generation IP Geolocation technology (patent pending)
- Enterprise-grade redundant infrastructure. Operated from eight geographically diverse data centres across the globe
- Better than 99.999% availability
- Unprecedentedly fast response time (sub-millisecond)
- Predictable performance as no caching is used
- Delivers administrative/non-administrative boundaries-based results
- Provides detailed locality information of a user in 148 common world languages
- Full postal code level geographical accuracy for the US, Great Britain, and Australia (partial for other countries)
- Full global coverage, including seas and oceans
- Unique IP Geolocation fallback to provide estimated location data even when no client’s geocoordinates are available
- Friendly with GDPR and GDPR-like privacy laws
- Responsive customer support, even for entirely free APIs
- Geocoder data is updated weekly, and IP Geolocation is daily.
- No contract, no hidden fees, and no account required. Both commercial and non-commercial uses are permitted with no rate restrictions – we’re happy to accept literally any number of API queries at any pace as long as conditions of our Fair Use Policy are met (see below).
Fair Use Policy for FREE Client-Side Reverse Geocoding API implementation
- You are allowed to make free and unlimited API calls from a client's web browser using their current coordinates obtained by the browser’s getCurrentPosition() method when consent is given or without the coordinates if denied.
- You are allowed to make unlimited free API calls from client mobile devices such as iOS, Android or IoT devices using their current coordinates when the consent is given or without the coordinates if denied.
- Please contact us if you are unsure whether your implementation meets this Fair Use Policy.
For example, check out our free Where am I? iOS and Android app. The app demonstrates how you can implement the API for a mobile app to obtain real-time locality information for your users.
IMPORTANT! Any user detected abusing the service by implementing it on a server-side or a client-side along with coordinates obtained elsewhere will be blacklisted from all of our free API Services. If you wish to utilise this Reverse Geocoding API in your backend applications, please visit our server-side variation of this API for details.
This API is part of the FREE API Package package and is available in free and paid plans. Please visit the FREE API Package package page for limits and pricing information.